[sg_popup id=”2″ event=”onload”][/sg_popup]
So I read another Article on Tony Robbins website talking about good and bad fats. I just wanted to clear up some information about it that I didn't find correct.
I found out about the article from one of Tony's tweets. I know he didn't write the article. Not sure who did, but needed to clear some things up.
Please understand, I'm not bashing Tony. He is one of my mindset mentor's that I go to time and time again to keep me positive, motivated and moving towards my goals. Basically a coach. Everybody needs coaches. We can't get to the next level without them. Doesn't matter if they are in-person, online, books, cds, dvds, courses, dead or alive!
So let's break it down:
- It starts saying the ‘two good fats you need to know about' are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated.
- Starting with polyunsaturated: They talk about the Omega-3 and Omega 6 and how they are essential fats because our body cannot make them so you have to eat them or supplement with them to get them.
- This is true– however, most people who are eating the Standard American Diet, or a diet too high in carbs are way out of balance. The true balance should be 1:1 or 1:4 Omega 3 to Omega 6. However, studies have shown it to be as high as 1:30 and average being around 1:10-15. A diet too high in Omega-6 fatty acids will cause tremendous amounts of inflammation in the body.
- Inflammation basically opens you up to everything. All diseases and sicknesses.
- Here is my #2 BIG BIG beef with this article. CANOLA oil. In the ‘where to get these fats' they include canola oil and also peanut and throw them in with olive and flaxseed oil. The latter two oils are healthy. Canola oil is one of the worst oils you can buy. It's ability to cause issues and inflammation in the body and brain are among the highest.
- Now for my #1 BIG BEEF with this article: ‘The Bad” fats section. They lump in trans fats and saturated fats saying these are the ‘bad fats' to avoid. This isn't 1993. We have access to all the information on what's good and bad. Trans fats- YES– they are bad and should comprise 0% of your daily calories, 365 days a year!
- Saturated Fats: These fats are the best for energy. And the number one fuel for your brain.
- BIG BEEF #3- Saturated fats contains bad cholesterol as stated by the article. And they say that ‘bad cholesterol' is LDL.
- LDL and HDL are both good and bad. HDL can be bad if it goes too low. You want HDL to be as high as possible. LDL has different particle sizes: You want your particle sizes to be large and fluffy– this is the good LDL. You don't want ‘hard dense LDL particles'— this is the bad LDL.
- That's why it's so important to get your particles tested and not just overall cholesterol number. I equate knowing total cholesterol number to switching seats on the Titanic. Doesn't really matter— unless your cholesterol is too low or you have the wrong type (which you wouldn't know unless you got the particles tested)
- Guess what saturated fats also do? They increase the ratio of Good to Bad LDL, and they raise HDL. Unfortunately far too many people are afraid of saturated fats and they eat more whole grains, wheat, and other blood sugar raising foods. Whole grains, wheat, and other carbs that raise blood sugar can cause a host of health problems; including increasing the BAD LDL, lowering the HDL, and raising Triglycerides. Not good.
If you'd like to read the full Tony Robbins' article on Good Fats and Bad Fats click here
If your on twitter you can send this tweet out to Tony:Â
@yuntraining sets some truths out on the article The SKINNY on GOOD FATS posted @TonyRobbins website http://ow.ly/X1dn9 #fats
For more information on stuff mentioned in this editorial:
- Saturated Fats
- Cholesterol Presentation
- Grains, Gluten PresentationÂ
- Canola Oil
- Mindset Coaching
To get over your fear of fat and get back to health: Check out the 47-Day Ketogenic Diet Challenge- High Fat Low Carb– Total control of Blood Sugars:
Join us for the 2nd Keto Challenge- Starts 1/17/16
Want to get started with your training with us?
Improvement Warrior Fitness Adult Strength & Conditioning: 2-week Complimentary Trial | 21-Day Rapid Fat Loss Trial $21Â
Athletic Revolution-Hilliard- Youth Sports & Fitness Training (8 & up) (new website will open)
Nutrition Help: 47-Day Ketogenic Diet Challenge | 30-Day Cleanse Challenge | 21-Day Sugar Detox Challenge |
Health, Fitness, nutrition information- Fill out your name and email below to join our newsletter
Not doing anything is not an option!